CLASS PLACEMENT AND LEVELS
Below is the class schedule for the 2017-2018 dance year. Additional classes may be added if demand necessitates. Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
- Preschool: Monday 9-10 am OR Tuesday 10-11 am OR Wednesday 10-11 am OR Wednesday 5:30-6:30 pm OR Saturday 9-10 am
- Primary: Monday 5:30-6:30 pm OR Tuesday 5:30-6:30 pm
- Level I Ballet: Monday 6:30-7:30 pm OR Tuesday 4-5 pm
- Level II Ballet: Monday 4:30-5:30 pm AND/OR Thursday 4-5 pm
- Level III/IV Ballet: Tuesday 6:30-8:15 pm, Thursday 6-7:30 pm AND/OR Friday 4:15-6:15 pm
- Boy's Movement: Friday 6:15-7:15 pm
- Enrichment I: Monday 7:30-8 pm OR Tuesday 5-5:30 pm
- Enrichment II: Thursday 5-6 pm
- Enrichment III: Thursday 7:30-8:30 pm
- Acrobatic Movement I: Wednesday 4:30-5:30 pm
- Adult and Teen Ballet: Wednesday 11 am-12 pm, Wednesday 6:30-8 pm, Saturday 10-11 am
- Adult Tone and Fit Class: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11 am-12 pm
- Strong! by Zumba: Monday 12-12:45 pm
Bluebirds Ballet Academy offers the following classes:
- Pre-School Creative Movement/Pre-Ballet/Beginning Tumbling Skills (for children ages 2 through 4 or in preschool)
- Primary Creative Movement and Ballet (for children ages 5 and 6 or in kindergarten or first grade)
- Ballet* (for Students age 7 and above)
- Dance Enrichment** Class (for Students age 7 and above)
- Acrobatic Movement Class (for Students age 4 and above)
- Adult Ballet and Tone and Fit Classes
- Boys Movement Classes (for Students age 6+)
*In addition to traditional ballet technique, Ballet Classes for Students age 7 and above may also include instruction in creative movement, pre-pointe or pointe technique, variation or choreography study, character dance, strengthening and conditioning, Pilates, and developing focus/mindfulness.
** Dance Enrichment Classes are student-centered classes where students will explore different movement concepts, choreography/choreographers, dance cultures, dance history, and dance forms/styles. A portion of the curriculum for this class is designed in collaboration with the individual Students of each class level. This class includes instruction in CONTEMPORARY/ MODERN DANCE and JAZZ. In order to enroll in Dance Enrichment Classes, Student must also be enrolled in Ballet Class.
Bluebirds Ballet Academy
SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY!
Students will be placed by Bluebirds Ballet Academy into a level most appropriate to his or her age, development and capabilities. Below is a summary of levels. Ages are given as approximations, as some students may need a different level from that of their age group due to ability or development.
- Pre-School: students age 2-4, one hour class, once a week
- Primary: students age 5-6, one hour class, once a week
- Level I Ballet: students age 7-8, one hour technique class, once a week
- Level II Ballet: students age 9-11, one hour technique class, once or twice a week
- Level III and IV Ballet: students age 12+, one hour and thirty minute to two hour technique classes, three or more times a week
- Boys Movement: students age 6+, one hour class, once a week
- Enrichment I: students age 7-8, approximately one half hour enrichment class, once a week
- Enrichment II: students age 9-11, approximately one hour enrichment class, once a week
- Enrichment III: students age 12+, approximately one hour enrichment class, once a week
- Acrobatic Movement: students age 4+, one hour class, once a week
Student may be placed in a level based upon his or her age, but be allowed to take additional classes in another level, because of his or her abilities or need.